If you employ staff you must be aware that the law on workplace pensions has changed. Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer in the UK must put certain staff into a pension scheme and contribute towards it. This is called ‘automatic enrolment’.
- Step one is to find out the Staging date for your company, this is the date that automatic enrolment must come into force. If you click on the link below and enter you PAYE reference (you will find this on a payslip), you will find the staging date for your company:
- Step two is to choose a pension scheme that can be used for automatic enrolment. If you currently have a pension scheme, check that it is suitable.
- Step three is to work out who to put into a pension.
- Step four is to write to each member of staff individually to inform them how automatic enrolment applies to them.
- Step five is to declare your compliance.
These steps are carried out at various times from the staging date so it is important that you check the staging date of your company today.
We can guide you through the process of automatic enrolment and assist you in the administration of the process.